About Me

My photo
I am who I am. Don't try to change me, It won't work! Like me, love me, or get the hell out of my way! I have been described as an opinionated asshole in the past. Mostly by people that didn't like hearing what I had to say. I have also been decrribed as a very good friend to have when your butt's in the fire. If you are still reading this then maybe one day you will see that side of me, as you have passed the first test, you have listened.

Monday, May 9, 2011

SC#7 Today

I hate to brag but today was a really good day of climbing at SC#7. Nephew got on some new rock for the first time their toady. I got in a couple of good clean leads and Kev got in one lead while protected by a top rope. The only really sad part of the day was missing the Power Couple at the crag. : ( But I did get the note on the windshield. Then rolled down to say Hello to Mr. Eagle and show Kev Eagle rock so I could watch him Drool, ya I know I have a different sense of humor. LOL only got about 5hr at the crag and it just made me hungry for a weekend of hard Rocking. Today was an on day today where everything clicked just right. LOVED IT.

Kev says that he wants to climb on his off weekend which will be everyone and he gets off work at 3pm now so he wants to climb local on those days. I think someone has the bug. He is supposed to be posting the trip report for today so stay posted. It is his punishment for making the old man lead all day. But it looks like I’m raising another new young'un which isn't very easy.



To Mike,

Brother, I just want to take a second here to tell give you a great big THANK YOU for all of the time that you have spent working with me over the last year. Thank you for the patience and understanding you have showed me as I walked the recovery road and getting over of injuries ... Brother I love you and always will for the time you have spent. You gave me my wings back, I will never forget what you have done for me and on the some note i will be passing on the climbing Knowles In the same manner that you took with me. It is can be a drag watching new people learn because they don’t have a system in place in their mind. You watch them struggle and hope for the best for them. I do really enjoy seeing the smile on someone’s face after they accomplish something they didn't think that they could do.


Well like i said Kev is going to be logging the trip report over hear in Pyro's World

3 comments:

  1. Pat- It's been a helluva ridem, ain't it? From the amazing trails among the hills of Circleville to the winter storm bivvy and frozen trek to the amazing formations and views of the Magic Mushrooms, from the first post-accident lead on Thieves at SC#7, to the bold (crazy, mind you, but bold, nonetheless) FA of Momma Said, from the internet discussions about trail maintenance to the Second Annual Spring Trail Daze and during all the funny, active information-packed hours spent camping and chowing, sipping Speyburn, eyeing new lines, cursing gumbies and hiking and trailbuilding in between. The LSC trip wouldn't have been half as fun without all your help, and I would have nmissed out on some great conversations and days at the crag.

    We'll be rollin', but you count on us to stay in touch. Good job, brother... just keep your mind and your eyes open and never stop learning and practicing the basics.

    Looking forward to lines in the future.

    mg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin Frank
    Had an awesome time climbing monday afternoon! went out with Pyro/ my Uncle, he lead most of the routs but i got a chance to lead for the first time with the protection of a top rope, I cant wait to get out climbing more this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup it has most defiantly been one HELL of a ride. From the first time that we met I knew that we were going to get along well. That was one heck of a trip to the Mushrooms. I never in a hundred years figured on waking up the next morning to all that snow on the ground. But we persevered and made it.
    I will miss our conversations at the crags the most I think. I always knew that any questions I had would be answered and the fellowship would always be fun. I don't think that I would have led Thieves in the Temple that day without your encouragement ounce I made the decision to take a run at it. That route and the memories I have of it, I will carry with me till the day I die. I just don't have the words to express my feelings for that day and any attempt I make at it would not do it justice. Enough said on that. Momma Said, Well that probably wasn't one of the smartest lines I have ever decided to do and I have thought really hard about putting anchors at the top of it and have decided that I need to do a few more runs up it before I decide on way or the other on it. There is a LOT of nastiness to the right of it.
    Trail days were a BLAST for me. Those kids renewed my belief in the new generation of climbers. I wouldn't have traded the time spent with the Power Couple for anything.
    So travel well my friends, may your days start with beautiful sunrises and be filled with enjoyment and adventure and end with time stopping sunsets spent together.
    So until we meet again my friends, know I will toast you often at the end of hard days of sending and wonder of your adventures together.

    Be well my friends,

    Pat

    PS
    Post picture's AND Dispatches from the road. I for one am very interested!

    ReplyDelete